Thought some of you might be interested in this program.  Very interesting way to get locally grown beef into the local schools.  Thank you to Dr. Hamlin for sharing this information with me.  Cyndi Ball is a local farmer in the Athens area.  Some of you may have met her at contests.  She has served as a judge at several of the FFA events.  Please check out her blog / website below.

http://thelazybfarm.com/cows-in-the-cafeteria

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Teri Hamlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Subject: Fwd: Cows in the Cafeteria
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cyndi Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Subject: Cows in the Cafeteria
To: Cows in the Cafeteria - the beginning <[log in to unmask]>

Dear All,
Yesterday was the first day we went "public" with "Cows in the Cafeteria."
I'm so excited - Lazy B Farm hamburgers will be served in the cafeteria of Statham Elementary on Jan. 25th and at South Jackson Elementary on Jan. 26th.
I wanted to thank each of you for your help and support along this journey.  It's been incredible!
Here's the blog I put up on our farm site regarding the journey from idea to plate.  I realize this is just the beginning and I'm excited to see where it goes from here.
http://thelazybfarm.com/cows-in-the-cafeteria

Thank you again - I am grateful for the part that each of you played in the formation of "Cows in the Cafeteria."

Cyndi

 Lazy B Farm
770.289.2301
 www.thelazybfarm.com