I hope all of you are having a great Valentine's Day. It seems like the days keep going by faster and faster and the end of the year will be hear before we know it. March 1st is fast approaching as well and with several items due that day, please keep that date on your radar. With the state show next week, that eliminates a lot of time left to work on those applications.

Items due on March 1: Star Batteries, State Degrees, State Officer Applications, and Agriscience Teacher of the Year

All of these items are due in the South Region Office by 5:00 PM on March 1.

Also coming up:

Due March 12: Secretary's, Treasurer's, and Reporter's books, WLC Scholarship Applications, and FFA Week Observance.

Due April 2: Middle School Record books, Enrollment Forms, Area Officer Applications, Supplemental FFA Rosters, American Degrees, and State Convention Registration.

Please refer to the CDE guidelines on all officer books as the rules on some items were modified. Also, pay careful attention to the rules. For example, we get several officer books with plywood backs even though those are not permitted.

If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate area teacher or me.

Lynn Barber
Georgia Department of Education
ABAC 34, 2802 Moore Hwy.
Tifton, GA 31794