Congratulations to the teams (top two teams in each area) who will compete in the Georgia State Poultry CDE on Friday, March 23rd, 2012.  The CDE will begin at 4:30 p.m.  Registration will begin at 4:00 p.m.  The state contest will be held at the Oglethorpe County Ag Center in Crawford, GA.  Please refer to the rules for the Junior and Senior CDE's at http://gaaged.org under Awards Bulletin.  Teams consist of 4 maximum team members only.  Chapters may have both Junior & Senior teams according to the rules of this event.   This is a straight to state contest, there are no area elimination contests for this CDE.  I am attaching a copy of the Scan tron for reference.

Seniors will have a management test (management test will use even year reference materials from the 2006-2010 Poultry Manual), team activity and will give reasons on Carcass Class for placing (Class 5).

Juniors will not:  take management test, give reasons or have a team activity.

**Please note on Class 9 Exterior Quality Factors - we will not use Factor #8 - Faulty Soundness/ Strength.

The Oglethorpe County Ag Center is directly behind Oglethorpe County High School.  The actual Ag center address is 55 Oglethorpe Drive, Crawford, GA  30630.  Crawford is approximately 20 minutes east of Athens on Hwy 78.

Good luck on preparing your teams!

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher