Please see the message below from UGA Tifton FFA.
The UGA Tifton Collegiate FFA is hosting an American Degree workshop on
Monday, March 5 in the Agri-Science Building of ABAC, from 4:00-6:30 PM.
The workshop will allow students and teachers to ask questions and polish
their American Degrees before the deadline on April 1st. Participants are
encouraged to have already started their applications before arriving at
the workshop. If you plan to attend, please RSVP by sending an email to
[log in to unmask] by Friday, March 2.
FFA members who qualify for the American FFA Degree include those who have:
- Received a Greenhand FFA Degree, Chapter FFA Degree and State FFA
- Been FFA members for at least three years.
- Completed at least three years (540 hours) of high school agriculture
classes, or 2 years of high school agriculture classes and one year of
college agriculture classes (360 hours.)
- Graduated from high school one year prior to the National FFA
Convention at which their degree will be awarded.
- Maintained detailed SAE records, which demonstrate outstanding
planning, managerial and financial skills.
- Earned and productively invested at least $7,500, or have earned and
productively invested at least $1,500 and worked 2,250 hours beyond
scheduled school hours through their SAEs.
- A record of outstanding leadership skills.
- A record of participating in community service activities.
- Maintained an average grade of “C” or better.
The UGA Tifton Collegiate FFA is looking forward to seeing you there!
Brittaney Burley Schwing
Email- [log in to unmask]