Area Woodworking CDE Registration:

The first Area High School and Middle School Woodworking CDEs will be held in conjunction with the Area 5 and 6 Teacher Meetings at the following dates and locations:
Area V-  April 10- Mitchell County High School
Area VI- April 12- Ware County High School

Following is general information about the CDE's.  Please keep in mind that this is the first time that we have attempted these CDE's at the area level and in conjunction with the Area Teacher's meetings.  We will attempt to complete the CDE during the time-frame of the teacher's meeting, but.......

Each Chapter may bring up to three projects to the Area CDE.  The top two projects in each category -Middle School and Senior-will advance to State competition to be held at the State FFA Convention. **Since chapters can bring three different entries per category, only the highest scoring entry per chapter will be eligible to continue to the state level unless only one chapter is entered.

All projects must be in place by 4pm for the judging process. (Remember that all plans/supplemental materials must be provided at the area CDE along with the project.) Arrangements will be made for projects to be accepted at the respective schools from 2:00pm- 4:00pm. (Information specific to where the projects are to be delivered to each location will be forwarded prior to the CDE)  Students do not have to be present at the Area CDE as there will be no interview, but they will need to be present if they advance to state because of the interview process.

Please see attached Awards Bulletins for each CDE and Supplemental Files.  Please remember that the Middle School CDE is for grades 6-8 only and Senior is grades 9-12.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me-  Thanks- Von

Below is the registration that you provided earlier in the year- for planning purposes, please let me know ASAP if the information is incorrect or needs to be changed (Chapter entry numbers changed, added, deleted etc...

Chapter Name Area V Senior Area V MS Area VI Senior Area VI MS Advisor Name
Americus Sumter South 1       Eric C. Dixon
Atkinson County High FFA     3 3 Berrie Allen
Bainbridge High 3       Hugh Lanier
Ben Hill Middle   2     Sue Trammell
Berrien     3   Hunter
Brantley County High     2   Chad Crews
Brantley Middle       3 Krista Morris
Brooks County High School 2       B. Kendrick
Calhoun County 1       David Wolfe
Charlton County High     3   Audrey Pickren
Clinch Co High     1   Dustin O'Neal
Coffee Midddle       1 David Atkinson
Colquitt County High 3       Stacey Beacham
Cook High     2   Mike Dodson
Cook Middle School       2 Jeff McLean
Echols High     1   Majeski
Echols Middle        2 Shelby Corbett
Eighth Street Middle   3     Beth Golden
Golden Isles FFA     3   Michael Stalvey
GWC Freshman Campus       1 Ward Cole
Hahira Middle FFA       3 Brittany Bearden
Iriwn Middle   1     Chris Paulk
Irwin High School 2       Ira Tucker
Jeff Davis Middle School       3 Cody Herndon
Lanier Co     2   B. Culpepper
Lee Co MS   1     J Rich
Liberty Co High      3   Jeci Crane-Bohannon
Long County High     3   Vickers
Lowndes High     1   Hadsock
Pelham 2       Young
Pierce County     2   Seth Taylor
Pine Grove Middle       3 Andy Harrison
The C.A. Gray Jr. High FFA 3       Matt Howell
W.J. Wiilliams Middle   1     Chad Bass
Ware Co     2   Kemp
Wayne County     1   Kirkland
Worth Co High FFA 3       D. Gilman
Worth County Middle School   3     Alan West
20 11 32 21

.--
Von G. Peavy
South Region