Dear Ciliate Researchers,

Today we are pleased to launch the Ichthyophthirius Genome Database (IchDB)
at http://ich.ciliate.org.  This service is based on the same Wiki platform
as the Tetrahymena Genome Database and will accept updates directly from the
ciliate research community.  At present we provide a Genome Browser, a BLAST
server, and a database containing descriptions, domain info, GO annotations,
and sequences.  No registration is necessary in order to view the data
posted on IchDB, but you must be logged in if you wish to make edits or add
information.  To receive a login ID and password, please visit the IchDB
Registration page (http://ich.ciliate.org/index.php/show/register).

Please feel free to send comments, suggestions, or questions about IchDB to
us at [log in to unmask]

Cheers,
Nick Stover

***