I sent this eariler in the week but several did not get it so here it is again.
Teachers

This email is for the Teachers that have Students that have earned the opportunity to judge at the State FFA Livestock CDE on Saturday, March 24th at the Instructional Arena on South Milledge Ave. in Athens. The top 3 teams and the top ten individuals from each Area are eligible to participate. I have attached a list of teams and top ten that may come to the contest. Please check over the list to make sure it is correct.

Senior Teams please plan on being at the arena and ready to start by 8 am on Saturday Morning, we will start registration at 7:30am.

 Junior teams will have until 8:30 to be registered.

The rules for the CDE are on the Aged Website.

Seniors will judge up to 7 placing classes, give 4 sets of reasons, have a team activity(keep and Cull-swine, sheep, cattle) and have a written management test.

Juniors will judge 6 placing classes and give 2 sets of reasons.

The actual number of classes will be determined by animal availability and I will send out the classes when I know for sure from Jary Douglas the week before the contest.

The senior management test will come from:

Modern Livestock and Poultry Production.  Gillispie, James R.,8th Edition.  Albany, NY:  Delmar Publishers, Inc.

Chapter 3- Safety in Livestock Production

Chapter 7- Feed Additives and Hormone Implants

Chapter 11- Biotechnology in Livestock Production

Chapter 13- Breeds of Beef Cattle

Chapter 14- Selection and Judging of Beef

Chapter 19- Marketing Beef

Chapter 20- Breeds of Swine

Chapter 21- Selection and Judging of Swine

Chapter 22- Feeding and Management of Swine

Chapter 27- Feeding, Management, and Housing of Sheep

.

If you have question please email or call me or your Area Livestock Teacher.

There will be a practice on Friday Afternoon starting at 1pm at Partisover Ranch with Cattle and Sheep.

--
Tommy Waldrop
Area Livestock Teacher