On March 23-24, 2012, the University of Georgia will host several state FFA career development events (CDEs). We expect nearly 700 FFA members to visit the UGA campus. Each CDE will have it's own meeting site and schedule. If you have students competing in any of the following CDEs, you should be on the lookout for CDE information from the appropriate CDE Superintendent. Please note that the Meats and Poultry CDEs will take place on Friday afternoon, March 23; while the other CDEs will take place on Saturday, March 24.

Lawnmower Operations CDE (Saturday - March 24)
Superintendent - Sidney Bell
Location: Flinchums Phoenix
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
CDE begins: 9:00 a.m.

Livestock Evaluation CDE (Saturday - March 24)
Superitendent - Tommy Waldrop
Location: Animal Science Arena (Milledge Ave.)
Registration: 7:30 a.m. (Senior teams); 8:00 a.m. (Junior teams)
CDE begins: 8:00 a.m. (Senior teams); 8:30 a.m. (Junior teams)

Meats Evaluation CDE (Friday - March 23)
Superintendent - Ricky Wheeler
Location: Animal/Dairy Science Building
Registration: 4:00 p.m.
CDE begins: 4:30 p.m.

Nursery/Landscape CDE (Saturday - March 24)
Superintendent - Dr. Teri Hamlin
Location: State Botanical Gardens
Registration: 8:00 a.m.
CDE begins: 8:30 a.m.

Parliamentary Procedure CDE (Saturday - March 24)
Superintendent - Chip Bridges
Location: Animal/Dairy Science Building
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
CDE begins: 9:00 a.m.

Poultry Evaluation CDE (Friday - March 23)
Superintendent - Christa Steinkamp
Location: Oglethorpe County Ag Center
Registration: 4:00 p.m.
CDE begins: 4:30 p.m.

Wildlife Management CDE (Saturday - March 24)
Superintendent - Justin Sealy
Location: Warnell School of Forestry
Registration: 8:15 a.m.
CDE begins: 9:00 a.m.

If you have questions about the details of each CDE, please contact the respective CDE.

It is an honor to represent your Area in state competition. I hope that you and your students will have a wonderful experience in Athens.

Ben

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association