Teachers,

Plans are coming together for an excellent Meats Evaluation CDE.  Things will be a little different than in the past, with us starting on a Friday in the Spring.  But with patience, we should be able to handle any obstacle.

Please keep in mind TRAFFIC on a Friday afternoon and take that into consideration when making travel plans.

Don't forget pencils, clipboards, and have the kids dress WARMLY!

Georgia FFA will provide frocks and hair nets.  Teachers please provide hard hats.

Stress the importance of keeping equipment and clothing clean, so that carcasses and wholesale cuts can be marketed.

A big thanks to FPL and Randal Garrett for providing Beef Carcasses.
A big thanks to UGA Meat Science Department (AS ALWAYS) have been a huge help in hosting this contest.

Make sure to thank these individuals as you see them at the contest.

This is what are in the plans as of right now.

Written Test - (Juniors - we will try to keep questions off of grading)  Questions will come from Beef, Pork, Lamb and Specifications Sections.
Retail Meat Cuts ID (Jr. 25) (Sr. 40)
1 Class of Beef Carcasses
1 Ham Class
1 Loin Class
1 Class of Pork Carcasses
1 Class of Beef Loins or Ribs
Questions on Placing Classes
5-6 Beef Carcasses for Grading (Seniors Only)
Meat Formulation Problem (Seniors Only)

If you have any questions, give me a call.

RW

--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Animal Science Teacher