Good Morning Georgia Ag-Ed,

I wanted to express my sincere appreciation to some outstanding leaders for the great work and support of Agricultural Education in our State. This past Friday, the FFA Foundation Blue and Gold GALA was held near Atlanta. The event was a tremendous success and earned a lot of support for our students in FFA. Mrs. Katrina Jones, along with the FFA Foundation Sponsors Board, hosted an incredible event that by most every account seems to be the best GALA to date. I would like to say THANK-YOU to Katrina Jones and the FFA Foundation Sponsors Board for holding such a fine event. I am sure we will get a report soon on just how beneficial the event was in support of our FFA members, but I believe this year in particular was the best one I have ever attended. Mr. Joel Mckie (former National FFA Vice President) and Mr. Cain Thurmond (current National FFA Vice President) also added to the success of the evening with their remarks. The support from our state elected official was also obvious and our Governor Nathan Deal helped insure the success of the event.

In addition, I would like to commend the leadership of our GVATA board of directors and the Georgia Young Farmers Executive Board for having the vision and thoughtfulness to support the efforts of the Blue and Gold GALA with their sponsorship and participation in the live auction. Not only are the students going to benefit from the proceeds generated, but these two outstanding leadership committees will now have a chance to visit directly with Governor Nathan Deal and really provide details to him regarding the importance of our program. This definitely adds to the success of the entire GALA.

And in conclusion, I would like to express sincere appreciation to everyone that helped with the Gator Raffle Tickets, securing silent auction items, and everything else in helping make this a very successful event for the FFA Foundation. Our students will definitely reap the benefits.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East