Congratulations to the students who competed it the inaugural Area 2 Wood Fabrication CDE's yesterday at Elbert County. All of the students are to be commended for the quality of their work. Teachers, thank you for your efforts at getting your students projects there. I know many of you are either on spring break or just coming back from spring break. We had 10 Middle School projects and 10 Senior Division projects that competed for the honor of representing Area 2 in the State Middle School and Senior Division Wood Fabrication CDE's at the State FFA Convention. Special thanks to Mr. Larry Brady, retired construction teacher from Elbert County High School and Mr. Mickey Smith, Mr. Bobby Smith, and Mr. Ryan Smith of Smith's Cabinet shop for their outstanding service as judges. Special thanks also to Mr. Michael Bilow for hosting us at the Elbert County Middle School Auditorium.

The top two individuals from each division have advanced to the State Finals which will be held in conjunction with the State FFA Convention in Macon. You will receive more details regarding the time and location for bringing the projects to Macon from Mr. Kevin Jump. Scores have been confirmed and the rosters have been checked. The results are official. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. A complete summary of the scores is attached.

Congratulation to our two winners in each division:

Middle School Wood Fabrication CDE

1st place - Andrew Hunt - Oconee Middle - Advisor - Ms. Sandra Schempp
2nd Place - Logan Whitehead - Malcom Bridge Middle - Advisor - Mr. Josh Allen

Senior Division Wood Fabrication CDE

1st Place - Zack Tankersley - Madison County High FFA - Advisor Trisha Lastly
2nd Place - Churchstain Maloch - East Hall High School - Advisor - Mrs. Barbara Saunders
--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher