Congratulations to each team that competed in the Area 2 Forestry CDE
at UGA. We had 18 Sr. teams compete and 16 Jr.teams compete.
Special thanks to all of the Georgia Forestry Commission personnel who took
time out of their busy schedules to serve as judges, the Warnell School of
Forestry and Natural Resources for hosting the event, and to the student
ambassadors from Warnell as well as Ag. Education students,
Mr. Bill Lott, Kathrine Bell, Sidney Bell, Christa Steinkamp, Mr. Frank Riley
Mr. T.J. Oneal and Mrs. Holly Courchaine for their assistance. Teachers the awards are sponsored by the Green
Morgan County Forest Landowners Association and Mr. Bill Lott. It would be very appropriate if
you could send them a thank you letter from your students.

The top three Sr. teams will represent Area 2 at the State Forestry Field Day on Wednesday, May 2, 2011. Mr. John Allen Bailey will be contacting each of you with the details. The rosters have been checked and the results are official. The results are:

Banks County High - First place Jefferson City FFA - Second Stephens County High - Third

The top two Jr. teams will represent Area 2 at the State Forestry CDE

Banks Co. High - First Place, Jefferson City FFA - Second Place

Please contact me if I may be of any assistance as you prepare for the State CDE. The official scores are attached.

--

Jerry Taylor
North Region Area Forestry Teacher