Dear FFA Advisor,

The Georgia Peanut Commission (GPC) is
celebrating our 50th anniversary this year and we will also be moving
into a new headquarters July 31. The new headquarters will be located right off
of Interstate 75 in Tifton at exit 63B. The GPC Board of Directors are very
excited that the new headquarters will be the first Governmental NetZero energy
efficient building in Georgia.

The new headquarters will provide
the commission an opportunity to reach thousands of consumers traveling through
Georgia and tell the farmerís story. There will be an educational area inside
the building where we can showcase how peanuts are planted, harvested, shelled,
graded, and manufactured into peanut butter. Another component of the building features
a demonstration kitchen where we plan to stream live video feeds to the
internet where consumers can view different peanut recipes being demonstrated
on a regular basis.

The GPC Board of
Directors are very
excited about the new building and the opportunity to help local FFA
Chapters and 4-H Clubs throughout Georgia. The Georgia Peanut Commission
 would like
to give FFA Chapters and 4-H Clubs an opportunity to sell commemorative
bricks and
benches for the walkway around the building. For every brick or bench
sold by a
FFA or 4-H member, their local organization will receive 10% of the
profits. For
example, a local FFA Chapter or 4-H Club would receive $100 for selling a
 12 X
12 brick at $1,000. Individuals, organizations and businesses are able
purchase engraved bricks or granite benches. The items may be engraved
in
memory, in honor, or in recognition as requested.

In addition to the
10% profit,
the commission will offer a bonus incentive to the FFA Chapters and 4-H
Clubs who sell the most commemorative bricks and benches. The top
selling FFA Chapter or 4-H Club will each receive $500. Awards will also
 be presented to 2nd
and 3rd place winners with each organization receiving the
following: 2nd - $400, 3rd - $300. In order for a local
FFA Chapter or 4-H Club to qualify for the bonus incentive then they must sell
a minimum of 25 bricks. This would provide a total of $2,400 in bonus
incentives to the top three selling FFA Chapters and 4-H Clubs.

We have attached a copy of the commemorative brick and bench order form. Please
make copies and begin selling immediately. If you would like us to send you
hard copies of the order form then please contact Caroline Coarsey at [log in to unmask] Feel free to contact
either Caroline at 229-386-3472 or Joy Carter at 229-386-3690 with any
questions you may have regarding this initiative.

Sincerely,

Joy
Carter                                            Caroline Coarsey

Director of Communications                 Special
Programs Manager

[log in to unmask]                       [log in to unmask]