Dear FFA Advisor,

The Georgia Peanut Commission (GPC) is celebrating our 50th anniversary this year and we will also be moving into a new headquarters July 31. The new headquarters will be located right off of Interstate 75 in Tifton at exit 63B. The GPC Board of Directors are very excited that the new headquarters will be the first Governmental NetZero energy efficient building in Georgia.

The new headquarters will provide the commission an opportunity to reach thousands of consumers traveling through Georgia and tell the farmerís story. There will be an educational area inside the building where we can showcase how peanuts are planted, harvested, shelled, graded, and manufactured into peanut butter. Another component of the building features a demonstration kitchen where we plan to stream live video feeds to the internet where consumers can view different peanut recipes being demonstrated on a regular basis.

The GPC Board of Directors are very excited about the new building and the opportunity to help local FFA Chapters and 4-H Clubs throughout Georgia. The Georgia Peanut Commission would like to give FFA Chapters and 4-H Clubs an opportunity to sell commemorative bricks and benches for the walkway around the building. For every brick or bench sold by a FFA or 4-H member, their local organization will receive 10% of the profits. For example, a local FFA Chapter or 4-H Club would receive $100 for selling a 12 X 12 brick at $1,000. Individuals, organizations and businesses are able to purchase engraved bricks or granite benches. The items may be engraved in memory, in honor, or in recognition as requested.

In addition to the 10% profit, the commission will offer a bonus incentive to the FFA Chapters and 4-H Clubs who sell the most commemorative bricks and benches. The top selling FFA Chapter or 4-H Club will each receive $500. Awards will also be presented to 2nd and 3rd place winners with each organization receiving the following: 2nd - $400, 3rd - $300. In order for a local FFA Chapter or 4-H Club to qualify for the bonus incentive then they must sell a minimum of 25 bricks. This would provide a total of $2,400 in bonus incentives to the top three selling FFA Chapters and 4-H Clubs.

We have attached a copy of the commemorative brick and bench order form. Please make copies and begin selling immediately. If you would like us to send you hard copies of the order form then please contact Caroline Coarsey at [log in to unmask]. Feel free to contact either Caroline at 229-386-3472 or Joy Carter at 229-386-3690 with any questions you may have regarding this initiative.

Sincerely,

Joy Carter                                            Caroline Coarsey
Director of Communications                 Special Programs Manager

[log in to unmask]                       [log in to unmask]