The 2012 State Dairy Judging CDE will be held on Friday, April 6, 2012 at the UGA Livestock Instructional Arena in Athens, Ga. Registration will begin at 3:00 p.m. FFA Dairy Event will begin at 3:30 p.m.
Dairy Event Format:
A. Dairy Management Exercise (possible 100 points)
- The exercise will consist of 20 questions for involving dairy Management practices, linear classification, and industry related topics. (Juniors test will only have 10 questions).
- This exercise will be administered following registration and before the judging classes.
Participants will have 30 minutes to complete this exercise.
B. Evaluation and Selection (possible 250 points)
- A maximum of five classes of four dairy animals will each be placed on type. Classes will consist of heifers or cows from the recognized breeds of dairy cattle.
- Participants will have a minimum of 12 minutes to place each class. For classes on which oral reasons will be given, participants will be given a minimum of 15 minutes.
C. Oral Reasons (possible 100 points)
- Oral reasons will be required on two classes for senior teams. These classes will be designated by the event superintendent prior to the actual judging of the class. (Juniors will only have one set of reasons).
- Participants will have at least 15 minutes to prepare each set of oral reasons.
D. Team Activity (50 points) (Senior only)
- Team will complete an activity using linear evaluation.
Please refer to the Georgia FFA CDE Awards Bulletin for more information.
Additional references can be found in the National FFA CDE Handbook.
For any other questions, contact your Area Livestock Teacher.