The State FFA Jr. and Sr. Forestry CDES will be held on May 2, 20012 at the Swainsboro/Emanuel County Recreation Department in conjunction with the Pine Tree Festival Timber and Equipment Expo.  We will begin registration and check in at 9:30 am and the actual cde will begin at 10:00 am.  Lunch will be provided by Tommy Greene with Shug's catering at 11:30 am.  The students will compete in their individual events that morning and the Team Activity will begin at 12:15 pm.  If one of your 4 people for the team activity is doing reforestation, please tell them to inform the judges and they will be allowed to go first.  Because of having the Jr. and Sr. events going on at the same time, we do not want the seniors that have to do the team activity to be late. Maybe this will alleviate this.  The Team Activity will be a group effort as in the past.  Remember that the team activity participants must be eligible to compete in the National Forestry CDE. The Days Inn and Suites is offering rooms for $50.00 per night to FFA teams.  This is for Single King or Double Queen Rooms.  Their phone number is 478-237-9099.  Make sure to mention the FFA Forestry CDE when making your reservations. The Street address for the Days Inn is 108 Alice Circle, Swainsboro. I have attached a link to the end of this email that has a google map to the Recreation Complex.  If you have any questions, please contact me.  Thanks and I look forward to seeing you on May 2 in Swainsboro.

http://g.co/maps/dxcvw

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher