State Board of Education members Brian Burdette and Larry Winter are
hosting Farm To School Tour of pilot programs.

The serving of farm fresh, locally grown produce in school
cafeterias, while educating students about agriculture and creating
new markets for our Georgia farmers is a smart strategy for our local
economy and student health.

This past year, Georgia Agriculture Education began 17 Farm to School pilot
programs.
The focus for the first year was the development of the educational
component of Farm to School.
This included the establishment of school vegetable gardens, development of
lesson plans and labs that integrated the DOE approved curriculum with
growing the garden, harvesting, cooking and tasting the produce.

Please join a tour to learn more about the growing of Georgia's Farm to
School program.

*Tours Dates: (see attached flyer) *

*Tuesday May 8th:* Brian Burdette Host Farm to School Tour @ Madison County
High School, 10-noon
600 Madison St | Danielsville, GA 30633 (706) 795-2197, Park at High School
Greenhouse to begin tour.

*Monday May 14th:* Larry Winter Host Farm to School Tour @ Northwest
Whitfield High School, 10-noon
1651 Tunnel Hill-Varnell Road, Tunnel Hill, Ga., 30755. (706) 673-6533,
Park at High School Greenhouse to begin tour.

Please RSVP to [log in to unmask] if you can join us for a Farm to School
Tour.

Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education
Georgia Department of Education