State Board of Education members Brian Burdette and Larry Winter are hosting Farm To School Tour of pilot programs.

The serving of farm fresh, locally grown produce in school cafeterias, while educating students about agriculture and creating new markets for our Georgia farmers is a smart strategy for our local economy and student health.

This past year, Georgia Agriculture Education began 17 Farm to School pilot programs.
The focus for the first year was the development of the educational component of Farm to School.
This included the establishment of school vegetable gardens, development of lesson plans and labs that integrated the DOE approved curriculum with growing the garden, harvesting, cooking and tasting the produce.

Please join a tour to learn more about the growing of Georgia's Farm to School program.

Tours Dates: (see attached flyer)

Tuesday May 8th: Brian Burdette Host Farm to School Tour @ Madison County High School, 10-noon
600 Madison St | Danielsville, GA 30633 (706) 795-2197, Park at High School Greenhouse to begin tour.

Monday May 14th: Larry Winter Host Farm to School Tour @ Northwest Whitfield High School, 10-noon
1651 Tunnel Hill-Varnell Road, Tunnel Hill, Ga., 30755. (706) 673-6533, Park at High School Greenhouse to begin tour.

Please RSVP to [log in to unmask] if you can join us for a Farm to School Tour.

Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education
Georgia Department of Education
204C Four Towers University of Georgia