This is just a final reminder that the State Jr. and Sr. Forestry CDES will be held on May 2, 2012 at the Swainsboro/Emanuel County Recreation Department starting with registration at 9:30 am.  Most teams have already utilized the Google Doc registration and for this I am thankful.  If you could not open the link for some unknown reason, you can send me the names and events and I will put them on it or you can simply register them as in the past when you get there at 9:30.

Please remind your students that cell phones are not allowed during the cde.  If a judge sees them using one during a practicum event or the team activity, they will be disqualified as well as the entire team.

I will have some practice trees set up in front of Swainsboro Tech that you can use as practice trees to measure total and log heights.  Please do not trespass on other land measuring trees.  If you or your team members are

Remind students to write their team or chapter names out on their papers.  We have 2 teams with names that are very similar and I do not want to get the scores mixed up.  Do not use acronyms for the school.

The Team Activity is for Senior Teams only.  These 4 individuals must be eligible to compete at the National Forestry CDE.  They can carry and use any piece of equipment used in any of the practicums.  I would highly recommend a quadrant compass, clinometer, logger's tape, calculator, prism, pencils and clip board or any other equipment they deem important.

Also, remind them to have their SSN number with them in case they win so we can get the form filled out for the Savings Bond.  The first place individual in both the Jr. and Sr. divisions will be receiving a $50.00 savings bond from the Pine Tree Festival.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact me.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher