Summer Leadership Camp is almost here!

A few announcements:

   - We will open the blob at 9:30 AM on Monday, so it will be open during
   check-in.  Get here early so your students can try it out!  It will also be
   open plenty during the week.
   - We added speed humps on the camp road near the pond.  Please slow down
   when you come into camp.
   - Georgia Power is working on the dam on Lake Jackson, so the lake level
   is very low.  It is likely that we will not be able to have canoes and
   paddleboats due to the lake level.
   - We have changed the schedule for Thursday.  We took out the canoe race
   and will start the mud obstacle course after lunch on Thursday.  The course
   is in the woods, so it can be run during the afternoon.  This will allow us
   to have all of the obstacle course completed before supper.

A few reminders:

   - Remember to submit your Roster by the Wednesday before your week of
   camp.  The weeks are packed, so we will have to work on cabins early.
   - Remind your students to bring old clothes that can get mud stained.
   - Remind your students to bring some extra old tennis shoes and/or water
   shoes for the mud course and new activities.
   - There is a What to Bring list in the Student/Parent Information.
    There is also an additional list for advisors in the Advisor Information.

Remember the things to bring at check-in:

   - Parental Consent / Medical Form / Code of Conduct for every person you
   bring.  We will not allow campers to stay on camp without them.
   - Payment for Balance Due.  Remember that we do not accept personal
   checks from parents (but we do accept personal checks from advisors.)
   - REV IT UP funds. Remember that your rewards are based on your
   individual chapter. You cannot combine your funds with other chapters from
   your school or system.
   - Door prize of $10 value.  The deadline to turn those in for points is
   Tuesday at noon during your week of camp.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Russel Towns
Camp Manager

Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center