GVATA Members,

At the FFA Foundation Blue and Gold Gala in March, the Georgia Young Farmer Association and GVATA joined together to win the bid for a dinner with the Governor.  The dinner includes a total of 75 seats for dinner at the Governor’s Mansion.  This was a win-win situation for the Young Farmers and GVATA since we were able to give money to the Foundation  and have the opportunity for 75 advocates for Agricultural Education to spend the evening with the Governor.

The dinner will be August 7th at 6:00 pm at the Governor’s Mansion in Atlanta, GA.  GVATA has  37 seats available for the dinner.   We hope to have equal representation from all three regions. That would give each region about 12 seats.  I realize, however, the response from each region may differ and result in more teachers attending from one region than another.

If you would like to attend, please check your school calendar and see if you are available. If you are, please email me and I will put you on the list.  Seats will be assigned on a first come basis for each region up to 12 seats. The deadline for requesting a seat is July 1st.   After I receive the responses, I will send a follow-up email to let you know if there are any vacant seats.    Although August 7th seems distant, the schedules of  Agriculture Teachers fill up quickly. Please let me know right away if you would like to attend.

Hugh Lanier

NOTE: Email is provided solely for the instructional and administrative needs of the district. Email correspondence to/from a district email account may be considered public information and subject to release under Georgia laws or pursuant to subpoena.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email and any attachments may be privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the email and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this email or any attachments for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. Personal views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the views of Decatur County School System.