Greetings Georgia Ag Teachers,
After attending the NAAE Conference in St. Louis this past year, I was overwhelmed by the knowledge and ideas that I was able to bring home to use in my own classroom. And might I add, the freebies that were offered at the ACTE career show were great. I have enough pens to last me an entire semester! It was also absolutely amazing to leave St. Louis with a deeper appreciation towards Georgia Agriculture. After hearing many stories of the struggles and battles that Agricultural Educators around the United States must endure, the NAAE Conference was a great reminder of how blessed I am to teach in Georgia.
With this in mind, I am proud to say that the 2012 NAAE Conference will be held in Atlanta. Please take part in this amazing opportunity that doesn’t come around too often. Take advantage of the Early Bird Registration that ends July 13th. It is definitely well worth the time and effort to attend this conference for you will get to meet some of the best agricultural educators from around the United States, just as our students do at National FFA Convention.
I challenge each of you to attend this conference to support the NAAE and show the other states some “southern hospitality”.
I challenge you to invite your local CTAE directors, supervisor, coordinators, Principals, and superintendents to the NAAE Conference, at least for one day, to reiterate importance of Agricultural Education and FFA.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or Daryl Behel, NAAE Region V Vice President.
Much FFA love,

Stacey Highfill

GVATA President Elect

Daryl Behel: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, 662-415-0996 cell

You're receiving this information because you are a member of NAAE.
Having trouble viewing this email? View it online.<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-e-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-p/>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]2012 NAAE Convention
November 27-December 1, 2012
Atlanta, GA

Network with ag teachers from all over the U.S. at the 2012 NAAE Convention. We'll have professional development workshops, opportunities to get involved in NAAE at the regional and national levels, and time to recognize and reward outstanding agricultural educators. Attend this convention and come away with a year's worth of ideas and tools for your program.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Early Bird Registration

The early bird deadline to register for NAAE Convention is July 13th. Registering before this date means a significant savings, so don't miss out. Visit the NAAE Convention Registration<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-r/> page for details and the registration form.

NAAE Convention attendees will also have full access to the nearby ACTE CareerTech VISION 2012. One registration fee gets you access to both meetings, and NAAE’s schedule is planned to maximize your ability to take in each. See the draft schedule.<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-y/>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Book Your Room and Your Flight

The 2012 NAAE Convention Hotel will be the Hilton Atlanta. All NAAE sessions and workshops will take place in the Hilton. NAAE has reserved a room block at a special rate of $159 per night for single or double occupancy rooms, plus applicable taxes. The room block will be open until November 2 or until full, so reserve your room early to ensure you get the special pricing. Visit the NAAE Convention Housing page for details about booking your room.<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-j/>

NAAE has worked with Delta Airlines to receive a 5% discount on flights. Reservations and ticketing are available online or by calling our Delta Meeting Reservations number. Visit the NAAE Convention Housing and Travel Information page for details about booking your flight.<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-t/>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Professional Development Workshops

Looking for professional development tailored specifically to agricultural education? This year’s convention will have workshops with topics like ag mechanics, food science, leadership, CDE development, animal science, agriscience, horticulture and many more. We've received lots of great proposals for workshops, and we're currently reviewing them to select the best professional development opportunities for our attendees. Once we make the selections, we'll put the schedule up on our workshops page<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-i/>.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Updated Format for ACTE Convention

ACTE is changing the format of their annual meeting to focus more strongly on education reform. To reflect this shift, there will no longer be an ACTE Convention. Instead, we are excited to be partnering with ACTE on the ACTE CareerTech VISION 2012.

Anyone who registers for and attends the NAAE Convention will have full access to CareerTech Vision 2012. Non-ACTE members will no longer have to pay an additional fee to attend the ACTE  meeting. The format of the NAAE convention will remain about the same as in previous years.

For more information about ACTE CareerTech Vision 2012, visit their website<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-d/>.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Quick Links

Registration<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-h/> | Schedule<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-k/> | Housing<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-u/> | Future Conventions<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-o/>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-b/>

Follow us on Facebook

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://nationalassociationofagriculturaleducators.createsend1.com/t/y-l-jlhhlrt-pclkzz-n/>