---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sunbelt Ag Expo <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Subject: Sunbelt Expo Field Day July 12
To: [log in to unmask]

June 2012
Quick Links
Join Our Mailing List

Contact Us

SUNBELT AG EXPO

290-G Harper Boulevard
Moultrie, GA 31788-2157
229-985-1968
229-890-8518 (fax)
229-891-3021 (farm shop)

Find Us on Facebook
screenshot of website

Important Dates

Sunbelt Ag Expo
October 16 - 18, 2012

Please visit

sunbeltexpo.com

to stay updated on other important deadlines and dates as the 2012 show gets closer.

Expo Field Day July 12 - Don't Miss It!
Our most innovative Field Day yet is scheduled for Thursday, July 12, 2012. Trams will depart for the fields by 8:30 a.m. We encourage visitors to arrive early. Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture, Gary Black, and Georgia Farm Bureau President Zippy Duval will host a biscuit breakfast reception at 7:15 a.m. at the new Georgia Agriculture Building. We will hold an early bird drawing for $100 cash for those attendees registering by 8:15 a.m. A free lunch followed by door prize giveaways will take place after the tours and ertififielday3ed rop advisor credits (CCA's) will also be given. This is a half-day educational opportunity to see the latest in seed, crop protection, irrigation, precision ag and equipment technology, all in an applied research setting. Company representatives as well as University researchers will make presentations on their newest technology. Water conservation and irrigation technology continue to be a main focus at Field Day. We are working in conjunction with researchers at the Flint River Basin Partnership and Certified Ag Resources to show how remote soil moisture monitoring technology can enhance water usage and conservation through precise irrigation scheduling which takes into effect soil moisture and temperature, crop growing stage and localized evapotranspiration. We are also working with the BB Hobbs Company to show how drip irrigation conserves water and again feeds the plant precise amounts of water at the proper times. A new precision drain tiling project coordinated by Soil and Water Agricultural Technologies will show how new drain tile technology will enhance our ability to more efficiently remove excess water from our fields. Reinke Irrigation and Valley Irrigation will both discuss the latest in precision irrigation technology. In addition to tradition row crops, the Expo will also highlight several new trials including: organic peanuts/pearl millet, energy grasses such as switch grass, miscanthus, energy cane and biomass sorghum and sesame production. Ag Technologies, LLC continues to be at the forefront of precision ag technology and will have representatives on site discussing GreenSeeker, an on-the-go plant sensor system that determines the health of a plant in real time and delivers the optimum amount of nitrogen or plant growth regulator to improve yields.

Our Website Has a New Look!

The Sunbelt Expo site has been completely overhauled not only to offer a fresh look and feel, but also to be more interactive. While we've refined the design, we've also expanded the website's mission: our goal is to help both exhibitors and visitors quickly and easily find show information, register as an exhibitor and follow us through social media outlets. With the new features we've introduced on the site, exhibitors and visitors will have the ability to:

  • Easily search the site to find the latest show information
  • Reserve exhibit space
  • Purchase tickets and souvenirs online

new web site screen shotThe website will be updated on a regular basis, with news of events, exhibitor information and new content. We will be encouraging our exhibitors and visitors to contact us through the website and sign up for our newsletter.

We invite you to explore some of the new features in detail and to let us know what you think. Huge thanks to The Market Place for their hard work in the new design.

Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers

Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest auctioneer of farm, construction and other heavy equipment, is planning to conduct an unreserved public auction in the Moultrie, GA area in conjunction with the Sunbelt Ag Expo in October 2012. A large selection of agricultural equipment will be sold in the auction, with each item being sold to the highest bidder regardless of price-without minimum bids or reserve prices. Bidders can participate in the auction in-person, online in real time at www.rbauction.com or by proxy.

Consignments are now being accepted for the auction. For more information, please contact the Atlanta office at 770.304.3355.

About Ritchie Bros.

Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, selling more equipment to on-site and online bidders than any other company in the world. Ritchie Bros. offers services that enable the world's builders to easily and confidently exchange equipment. The Company conducts hundreds of unreserved public auctions each year, selling a broad range of used and unused equipment, trucks and other assets utilized in the construction, transportation, agricultural, material handling, mining, forestry, petroleum and marine industries. Ritchie Bros. has over 110 locations in more than 25 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. The Company maintains a web site at www.rbauction.com and sponsors an equipment wiki at www.RitchieWiki.com

Advance Tickets

Did you know that pre-show tickets are already on sale? Advance tickets are $8.00 per person, per day. A multi-day pass is available for $20.00 per person. Children 12 and under are free with a parent or guardian. A $7.00 shipping and handling fee will be applied to all orders - tickets are sent via UPS. Ticket orders must be placed no later than October 5, 2011 to ensure delivery before the show. Click here for more information.
Lodging

The Expo website has a comprehensive listing of accommodations, from hotels surrounding the Moultrie area to camping, so you can drive your car, drive your RV or fly to visit the Expo. Camping Reservations are handled by the City of Moultrie. Campsites are available within walking distance of the Expo site. Reservations are accepted beginning July 1. Call (229) 890-5425 for reservations.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |
Sunbelt Ag Expo | 290-G Harper Blvd | Moultrie | GA | 31788

--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Animal Science Teacher