I am pleased to announce our four state finalists for the Young Farmer Family of the Year Outstanding Accomplishment Award. The Ga. Development Authority judging committee will tour the farms and interview the candidates later this summer and the 2012 Farm Family of the Year will be announced at the GYFA State Convention in January.

This year's finalists are:

The Randy and Angie Branch Family, Appling County, Advisor Jim Galvin

The Alan and Becky Mitchell Family, Franklin County, Advisor Owen Thomason

The Art and LeAnne Dorminy Family, Irwin County, Advisor Wesley Paulk

The Shane and Amy Moore Family, Wilkes County, Advisor Eric Holton

Once again, congratulations to these families and their advisors on this outstanding accomplishment.

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education