I received this e-mail from someone at National FFA.  Thought it might be a
fun project to do for some of our chapters.  I would be interested in
knowing how it turns out if any of our chapters use this?

** **

The *Lead2Feed* high school leadership program was created by the Lift a
Life Foundation and the USA TODAY Charitable Foundation with assistance
from the Yum! Foundation to encourage high school students to hone
leadership skills through launching a service-learning project that solves
hunger issues.****

 ****

The program includes a10–lesson, standards-based curriculum on the topic of
leadership — based on the book, *Taking People With You,* by David Novak —
provided to participating teachers. The lessons are easy to implement and
require minimal teacher preparation.  Students will work in teams to study
leadership qualities, identify a hunger-related problem, develop a solution
and execute their plan.  The electronic edition of USA TODAY will also
accompany the curriculum as a resource.****

 ****

$500,000 in prizes will be awarded to winning teams for their hunger
charity as well as teacher incentives and tablets for the top team winner
and runner-up.****

 ****

For teacher registration, please go to *lead2feed.com*.  Once you sign up,
a toolkit will be sent to your school address in September.****

**

--
Christa Steinkamp