I received this e-mail from someone at National FFA.  Thought it might be a fun project to do for some of our chapters.  I would be interested in knowing how it turns out if any of our chapters use this?

The Lead2Feed high school leadership program was created by the Lift a Life Foundation and the USA TODAY Charitable Foundation with assistance from the Yum! Foundation to encourage high school students to hone leadership skills through launching a service-learning project that solves hunger issues.

The program includes a10–lesson, standards-based curriculum on the topic of leadership — based on the book, Taking People With You, by David Novak — provided to participating teachers. The lessons are easy to implement and require minimal teacher preparation.  Students will work in teams to study leadership qualities, identify a hunger-related problem, develop a solution and execute their plan.  The electronic edition of USA TODAY will also accompany the curriculum as a resource.

$500,000 in prizes will be awarded to winning teams for their hunger charity as well as teacher incentives and tablets for the top team winner and runner-up.

For teacher registration, please go to lead2feed.com.  Once you sign up, a toolkit will be sent to your school address in September.

--
Christa Steinkamp
204 Four Towers Building, UGA