Teachers

UGA has some carcasses in the cooler and are welcoming Ag Ed teachers into
their meats lab for a training for Ag Teachers a week from today, Tuesday,
September 4th.  We will cover beef & pork carcass evaluation.  Please
e-mail me to let me know if you can attend.  We will start at 9:00 a.m. in
the UGA Meats Lab.   We won't do any carcass evaluation at the Area CDE's,
but you will be able to use this information if your team qualifies for the
state CDE at the Area Meats CDE's.  Please let me know by Friday afternoon
if you plan to attend on Tuesday.  This will be excellent information to
help you teach Meats Evaluation in your classroom and to your Meats Eval
Teams.

Also, the UGA Meats Judging team is looking for new team members.  This is
a great opportunity for UGA students.  If you have former students who are
at UGA or know of any current UGA students who are Ag Ed, Animal Science or
Ag business majors, the Meats Judging team will be a great experience for
them.

If they are interested, please have them contact Dr. Dean Pringle,
[log in to unmask], or 706-542-0997.

--
Christa Steinkamp
204 Four Towers Building, UGA