Teachers,

Online registration for FFA youth exhibits are now open, all exhibits must be registered online before Sept 20th.  You must have a password to register, the fair will issue these passwords to you if you do not already have one, to get your password you must contact the fair at  [log in to unmask]  It may take over 24 hours to get your password so please don't wait until the last minute.

**Teacher Resources are available at the bottom of this email.

 All of the items below are due on the fair grounds by Saturday, September 29th All of these exhibits are shown in Heritage Hall.

Each chapter is eligible to enter
    -  5 Mini Horticulture Booths
 (no theme) Section chapter winner $100 & Plaque and Reserve Section winner $50 & Plaque
     - 5 Research Horticulture Booths (no theme) Section chapter winner $100 & Plaque and Reserve Section winner $50 & Plaque
     - 1 Large chapter Horticulture Booth (Theme - Ornamental Edibles) Section chapter winner $300 & Plaque and Reserve Section winner $200 & Plaque
     - 25 Landscape Drawings -  Section chapter winner $40 and Reserve Section winner $30
     - 5 Live plants - Section chapter winner $40 and Reserve Section winner $30
     - 5 Silk Flower Arrangements (Theme - Family Fun Memories at the Fair) Section chapter winner $40 and Reserve Section winner $30  -

 Entering projects into the Georgia National Fair is a great way to meet the SAE part of our standards.  This could also be a great way for your chapter to win money.  The more items you enter, the more points you receive.  Top chapter is $500 & plaque and 2nd is $250 & plaque.   See the Georgia National Fair website for more information.

REGISTRATION: All of these exhibits and contests must be registered on line at the Georgia National Fair website
.  Except ID contests must be registered through a separate email sent from Melissa Riley in the Central Region Office.

You can visit the fair website http://www.georgianationalfair.com/ and select "Youth Educational Exhibits" from the competition icon at the top of the screen.

Teacher Resources and Help:
Dr. Hamlin and I have worked to put together resources for you to use with your classes to better prepare them for creating these horticulture exhibits.  By visiting Dr. Hamlin's page on the North Region Portal www.northregionaged.org (click on her picture twice) you will find instructional videos and my visiting my page on the central region portalwww.centralregionaged.org (click on my picture twice) you will find a powerpoint on creating Hort Mini-Booth displays and the scoring rubrics as well as study PowerPoints for ID.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education