We still have openings in the livestock judging training for next Thursday
& Friday the FFA Camp.  Please check the online registration form.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Subject: Fall Livestock Judging Training - open to any Georgia FFA Member
or Ag Teacher
To: State listserv <[log in to unmask]>

You are invited to an overnight Livestock Judging Training at the Georgia
FFA-FCCLA Center on Thursday, October 18 and Friday, October 19th, 2012.
Student cost is $50.00 per person (includes judging fee, T Shirt, lodging
for one night at the FFA Center, dinner, breakfast, and lunch).  *Please
complete the online
registration<https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHFLREZ4VmJENENWQTFOamlvdzB6akE6MA#gid=0>by
Wednesday, October 10th.
*

Please make all payments to: North Region FFA, 204 Four Towers - UGA,
Athens, GA  30602, (Attn:  Christa Steinkamp). All payments are due the by
check in at the camp.

Mr. Jary Douglas will be the workshop instructor (along with members of the
UGA Livestock Judging Team).  You will have the opportunity to learn (along
with your students) up to date terminology & effective reason format., as
well as hear judging critique on each class.   You will also receive a
judging manual from the UGA Livestock Judging team including terminology &
reasons information.

Below is a brief overview of the tentative schedule:

Thursday afternoon, we will examine terminology & placing criteria for each
species. Friday morning, we will evaluate live classes of
livestock(breeding heifers, breeding ewes, market lambs, market hogs,
breeding
gilts, and market goats).  We will rotate through classes in groups -
allowing time for judges critique on each class - with suggestions for
completing reasons during class rotation.  Saturday afternoon - your
students will have the opportunity to practice reasons.  We will most
likely be spending a good deal of time outside judging classes, starting at
8:00 a.m., so please make sure your students are dressed in layers (need a
jacket for cool morning).  Please make sure your students bring jacket,
boots, pencils, clip boards, etc.

Please contact me if you have any questions

*Tentative Schedule*
*Thursday, October 18*
5:00 p.m. - Orientation
6:00 p.m. - Supper
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Species reasons terminology
9:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Break
9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. - Species Reasons terminology
11:00 p.m. Lights out

*Friday, October 19*
7:00 a.m. - Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - Judging Classes