---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sandy Kusuda <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Please send an email to your agents/advisors reminding them of the pickup days (Tuesday, October 16, from 12 noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday, October 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., or Saturday, October 20, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.).

It has come to my attention that we are having issues with removal of ribbons and some exhibits in the Youth Educational Exhibits side of the program. We require that all exhibits (and ribbons) remain for the duration of the fair and, as stated in our rules, early removal of exhibits will result in forfeiture of any winnings and possible disqualification from further competition. The reason for this requirement is so that the fairgoers can view the entries and the ribbons/results of the competitions throughout the Fair.

We caught some exhibits before they left the building, but apparently some teachers are “giving their students permission” to pick up their exhibits during the Fair, so they are coming in and taking them without asking anyone. As stated in our rules, early removal of exhibits will result in forfeiture of any winnings and possible disqualification from further competition. Advisors/agents need to be aware that those that have disappeared will not receive prize monies and pass this information (that exhibits cannot be removed) along to students to prevent the students from being penalized.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sandy Kusuda

Director of Georgia Living

Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter

401 Larry Walker Pkwy.

Perry, GA 31069

Phone: (478) 988-6555

23rd Annual Georgia National Fair