The South Region Young Farmer Caucus was held last night at the Sunbelt Ag
Expo grounds and the program conducted by South Region Sr. Director Jared
Fulford and Jr. Director Josh Gardner. We would like to thank the Decatur
and Grady County Young Farmers for hosting the event and the Sunbelt Ag
Expo staff for allowing us to hold the caucus there. We would also like to
thank Kalen Jones from Bainbridge for providing our entertainment. We had
great attendance with a crowd of 125.

Some of the highlights of the evening were:

   - *Stan Deal from Seminole County was elected as the 2013 South Region
   Junior Director.*
   - *Chapter Award Finalists* were recognized: *1st Place--Wayne County*,
   2nd Place-- Bacon County, 3rd Place Early County
   - *President's Award Finalists* were:  *1st--Wayne County*, 2nd--Appling
   County, 3rd--Bacon County
   - Seminole and Miller Counties were selected to host the 2013 caucus at
   the Expo site (if available).

Attached is the complete list of all chapters who submitted award
applications this year.

Have a great week,

--

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education

*"Making Education Work for All Georgians"*