We are one week from the registration deadline for the Environmental and
Natural Resources CDE. The following chapters have registered as of this
writing:

  *ENR Registration as of 11-2-2012*  *Chapter* *Advisor*

Area V:

Americus Sumter South

Eric Dixon
 Bainbridge Hugh Lanier  C. A. Gray Jr. Matt Howell  Colquitt County Shawn
Collins  Crisp County Gerome Morgan   Early County Larry Worsley/Lisa
Murphree  Irwin County Shayla Johnson  Lee County Donald Gilman  Pelham David
Young  Thomas County Central Jerry Stone  Worth County John Lindsey

Area VI
  Appling County Van Mills  Berrien County Blake Kendrick  Brantley
County Richard
Gill  Camden County Glen Gosier  Charlton County Audrey Pickren  Clinch
County Dustin O'Neal  Golden Isles Michael Stalvey  Jeff Davis John
Ramay  Lanier
County Ben Culpepper  Long County Les Bateson  Lowndes County James
Corbett  McIntosh
County Academy Mike Slice  Pierce County Seth Prescott  Ware County Renee
Smith  Wayne County Michael Kirkland

If your chapter has not registered and you want to have a team compete, go
to the following link and register:

ENR CDE Registration<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGprb244ZE9hV1BsNGJTVllTa1ZDbVE6MQ>

NOTICE: Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday, November 4. That means it is
going to get dark earlier. As soon as your team arrives and checks in, we
are going to start them on the GPS Practicum. They will have 30 minutes to
find the four waypoints. They will need to copy the scientific name of a
tree from the tree id list for the event, and then write the common name on
their scorecard. Please have your students come prepared with a clipboard
and pencil as well as a working knowledge of the GPS unit they will use.
Time will be of the essence.

As soon as a student returns from the GPS Practicum (I hope we do not lose
any!), we will send them straight to the identification part of the CDE.
Once all of your team members have finished the identification part, they
will then work on the team activity (a test on waste management) together.
When done with that part, you are free to leave.

Results will be sent out via e-mail as soon as possible the next day (do
not call the office for results, please).

I am worried about getting 60 students through the GPS Practicum in less
than two hours. We will do the best we can. Your cooperation will be
needed.

--
*Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher