---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Subject: State Market Hog Show Deadline December 5 (No PQA requirement)
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>, Heather Kalino Shultz <[log in to unmask]>, Carolyn S Gazda <[log in to unmask]>, "C. Robert Dove" <[log in to unmask]>

State Market Hog entries must be made on-line before midnight December 5 at:

http://www.georgia4h.org/public/apps/jrnatreg

There has been some confusion over PQA.  It is not required for the 2012 show. The requirement for PQA (Pork Quality Assurance training) was taken out of the rule book for the 2012 show and it does not appear on the on-line entry form for 2012.  The form that you print out from the site above after you have entered your data is correct.   Some of the worksheet forms that we sent out with ear tags still contain last years information.  If you are using handwritten copies  on older worksheet entry forms, you may cross out the part about PQA.

While PQA is not required, it is good information and I would recommend that you continue to use PQA materials it in 4-H and FFA programs.

Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist
Rhodes Animal & Dairy Science
Athens, GA  30602