We are one week from the registration deadline for the Environmental and Natural Resources CDE. The following chapters have registered as of this writing:

ENR Registration as of 11-2-2012
Chapter Advisor

Area V:

Americus Sumter South

Eric Dixon

Bainbridge Hugh Lanier
C. A. Gray Jr. Matt Howell
Colquitt County Shawn Collins
Crisp County Gerome Morgan
Early County Larry Worsley/Lisa Murphree
Irwin County Shayla Johnson
Lee County Donald Gilman
Pelham David Young
Thomas County Central Jerry Stone
Worth County John Lindsey

Area VI

Appling County Van Mills
Berrien County Blake Kendrick
Brantley County Richard Gill
Camden County Glen Gosier
Charlton County Audrey Pickren
Clinch County Dustin O'Neal
Golden Isles Michael Stalvey
Jeff Davis John Ramay
Lanier County Ben Culpepper
Long County Les Bateson
Lowndes County James Corbett
McIntosh County Academy Mike Slice
Pierce County Seth Prescott
Ware County Renee Smith
Wayne County Michael Kirkland

If your chapter has not registered and you want to have a team compete, go to the following link and register:

ENR CDE Registration

NOTICE: Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday, November 4. That means it is going to get dark earlier. As soon as your team arrives and checks in, we are going to start them on the GPS Practicum. They will have 30 minutes to find the four waypoints. They will need to copy the scientific name of a tree from the tree id list for the event, and then write the common name on their scorecard. Please have your students come prepared with a clipboard and pencil as well as a working knowledge of the GPS unit they will use. Time will be of the essence.

As soon as a student returns from the GPS Practicum (I hope we do not lose any!), we will send them straight to the identification part of the CDE. Once all of your team members have finished the identification part, they will then work on the team activity (a test on waste management) together. When done with that part, you are free to leave.

Results will be sent out via e-mail as soon as possible the next day (do not call the office for results, please).

I am worried about getting 60 students through the GPS Practicum in less than two hours. We will do the best we can. Your cooperation will be needed.

--
Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher