Dear colleagues,

Recently, the Spanish Ministry in charge of
Science and Innovation has published a public offer for grants (Programa
Ramón y Cajal) and fellowships (Programa Juan de la Cierva). The purpose
of this offer is to reinforce the R&D Spanish system, concretely
reinforcing the human power in Spanish Research Institutions.

Programa
Ramón y Cajal is similar, though not identical, to a tenure track
position. This Program is addressed to young researches want to settle
in, since it is a five-year contract (salary= 33.720 euros/year)
enabling the holder to carry out both fully independent research (40.000
euros/4 years) and, if wished, fully independent teaching activity.
Applications are made by Spanish Research Institutions. Consequently, I
offer support to apply through the Universidad de Sevilla (a Spanish
southern University), taking for granted that I will cede lab space to
the holder and, in compensation, the holder must have interest in
ciliatology in particular or in protistology in general. Applicants
should have a strong/competitive publication record in molecular and/or
cellular microbiology.

Programa Juan de la Cierva is addressed to
forthcoming or newly graduated PhD (not before September 2008). Program
Juan de la Cierva awards for a three-year contract (salary= 28,000
EUR/year) during which the holder carry out independent (postdoc)
research and, if wished, some teaching activity. Applications are made
by candidates. Consequently, I offer support to applicants, taking for
granted that the research project must be agreed with me. Applicants
should have a strong/competitive publication record in molecular and/or
cellular microbiology.

Those interested in these Programs can consult
my ResearcherID (E-7645-2010), my personal card at the University of
Sevilla (http://investigacion.us.es/sisius/sis_showpub.php?idpers=790
[1]), the University of Sevilla's Web page (http://www.us.es/eng [2]),
and they can contact me by e-mail ([log in to unmask] [3]).

Regards and best
wishes

--
Eduardo Villalobo