Dear colleagues,

Recently, the Spanish Ministry in charge of Science and Innovation has published a public offer for grants (Programa Ramón y Cajal) and fellowships (Programa Juan de la Cierva). The purpose of this offer is to reinforce the R&D Spanish system, concretely reinforcing the human power in Spanish Research Institutions.

Programa Ramón y Cajal is similar, though not identical, to a tenure track position. This Program is addressed to young researches want to settle in, since it is a five-year contract (salary= 33.720 euros/year) enabling the holder to carry out both fully independent research (40.000 euros/4 years) and, if wished, fully independent teaching activity. Applications are made by Spanish Research Institutions. Consequently, I offer support to apply through the Universidad de Sevilla (a Spanish southern University), taking for granted that I will cede lab space to the holder and, in compensation, the holder must have interest in ciliatology in particular or in protistology in general. Applicants should have a strong/competitive publication record in molecular and/or cellular microbiology.

Programa Juan de la Cierva is addressed to forthcoming or newly graduated PhD (not before September 2008). Program Juan de la Cierva awards for a three-year contract (salary= 28,000 €/year) during which the holder carry out independent (postdoc) research and, if wished, some teaching activity. Applications are made by candidates. Consequently, I offer support to applicants, taking for granted that the research project must be agreed with me. Applicants should have a strong/competitive publication record in molecular and/or cellular microbiology.

Those interested in these Programs can consult my ResearcherID (E-7645-2010), my personal card at the University of Sevilla (http://investigacion.us.es/sisius/sis_showpub.php?idpers=790), the University of Sevilla’s Web page (http://www.us.es/eng), and they can contact me by e-mail ([log in to unmask]).

Regards and best wishes

--
Eduardo Villalobo
Dep Microbiología, Fac Biología