Teachers,

I hope all of you are doing well today. It is certainly a busy time of year with fruit sales taking place, final exams, and then Christmas holidays coming up. In the midst of the hustle and bustle I wanted to make sure everyone was aware that due to an increase in participation last year, Extemporaneous Speaking will have a sub-area component this year. The sub-area CDEs are on February 11 and 12. Please check the South Region calendar to find the date and location for your chapter.

Remember that topics will not be given out ahead of the Area CDE.

What To Bring
Extemporaneous Speaking Contestants should be in official FFA dress for speaking competition.

Two pencils or pens.

Reference Material. The officials in charge of the event will screen reference material:

a. must be limited to five items.

b. must be printed material such as books or magazines and/or a compilation of collected materials. To be counted as one item, a notebook or folder of collected materials may contain *NO more than 100 single sided pages or 50 pages double sided numbered consecutively* (cannot be notes or speeches prepared by the participant or notes prepared by another person for the purpose of use in this event).

c. Items in reference materials can be highlighted but no handwriting on the pages besides the # of pages

Please check the AgEd website for complete CDE rules: http://gaaged.org/Career%20Development%20Events/CDE.HTM.

Registration information will be sent out in January. If you have any questions please let me know.

--

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education