Teachers,

I received word today that Mr. Don Register passed away on Thursday. Mr. Register retired from a long career in Agricultural Education and worked many years as the Area Forestry Teacher in the old District One and the South Region. Mr. Register assisted numerous teachers and students with their forestry programs over the years. Many of you will remember he and his wife Mary working hand in hand to set up forestry field days across south Georgia.

Visitation will be Saturday evening from 6-9 PM at Albritton-Beaumont Funeral Home in Tifton (1020 N. Tift Ave) and the funeral will be Sunday at 2:00 at Macedonia Baptist Church (239 Macedonia Church Road, Chula, Ga).

If you are going to the funeral and coming up or down I75, take the Willis Still Road Exit (71) and head east. The church is on this road. Or, you can turn west from Highway 125. The complete obituary will be posted on the funeral home's website at www.albritton-beaumontfuneralhome.com.

May we all keep the Register family in our prayers.

Lynn Barber

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education