Deadline for chapters registering for Discussion Meet is next week. Below
is the link to register.
Please review the below list for accuracy of student names

*FFA Chapters Registered to Date: *

   Area I       *Chapter* *Advisor* *Student's name*  Temple Bennett
Jacobs Audri
Bearden  Chattooga David Yarbrough Bode Brooks   Ringgold High Chuck
Williams Hunter Fairchild  Gilmer High School Ashton Meeks Mason Cantrell
Etowah Ashley Rivers Alexis Noble  Creekside High School Traves Hyman Michael
Wiggins  LFO Nelson McCracken Morgan Jackman  Area II       *Chapter* *
Advisor* *Student's name*  White County Dustin Keener Lindsay Wade  Madison
County High School Trisha Lastly  Megan Boswell   jefferson bray Andrew
Moore  North Oconee Tim Griffeth Casey Gilbert  Washington-Wilkes Nathan
Heaton Alicia Barker  Alcovy High School Cecily Bullock Robert Aiken
Oglethorpe
County High Travis Sertich Andy Paul
*Area I Discussion Meet CDE will be held on February 4th at Etowah High
school*
*Area II CDE will be held on February 5th at Madison County High School*

Registration Deadline January 25th

To Register Click on : Discussion
Meet<https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHMwMW9nVEFSclFpNXNmS1BkVkh5cFE6MQ#gid=0>

OR cut and paste into your browser:
https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHMwMW9nVEFSclFpNXNmS1BkVkh5cFE6MQ#gid=0

*Discussion Meet Agenda*

3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Registration

4:15 p.m. Selected topic announced

4:30 p.m. Preliminary Rounds

5:30 p.m. Finals Round

6:15 p.m. Announcement of Winners

Students should be in official dress and have pencil or pen.

*Reminder CDE is only for 9th-12th FFA Members.*

*Discussion Meet Topics 2013*
1. Certainsectorsofagricultureare labor intensive and rely heavily on
immigrant workers. What is a fair and balanced immigration policy?

2. What can be done to encourage young farmers and ranchers to return home
to the farm if it means living in a rural area that does
not provide the same amenities (education, health care, technology) as a
metropolitan community?

3. HowcanFarmBureauplayarole to ensure the viability of quality
agricultural education programs within our schools?

4. HowshouldFarmBureauhelp prepare its members – both young and old – for
transferring operations to the next generation of farmers and ranchers?
What is Farm Bureau’s role in encouraging more transfers?

*Samples of Opening Statements:*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayrsj_MrFyI&feature=player_embedded#!

*Highlights & Closing Statements:*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pSnMDFntOE&feature=player_embedded

**Please see attached documents for cde rules and room set up. **

--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education