Registration for Discussion Meet is closed.
Please review the below list for accuracy of student names. These names
will be printed on card tents for the competition. If there are any needed
edits please let me know by Monday Jan 28th.

*Area I Discussion Meet CDE will be held on February 4th at Etowah High
school*
*
*
  *Chapter* *Student's name*  Chattooga Bode Brooks   Creekside High
School Michael
Wiggins  Etowah Alexis Noble  Gilmer High School Mason Cantrell   Gordon
Central Kayla Holcomb  LaFayette High School Olivia Procosch  LFO Morgan
Jackman  Mt Zion Amber Fraizer  Pepperell High Tyler Diggs  Ringgold
High Hunter
Fairchild  Rockmart High School Hunter Albea  Temple Audri Bearden
*
Area II CDE will be held on February 5th at Madison County High School*
*
*
  *Chapter* *Student's name*  Alcovy High School Robert Aiken  Banks Co.
High Chris Crump  Greene County Ivy Smith  Habersham Central Chyanne
Pope  Jackson
County Carly Marchese  Jefferson Mario Bueno  Madison County High School Megan
Boswell   North Oconee Casey Gilbert  Oglethorpe County High Andy Paul
Washington-Wilkes Alicia Barker  White County Lindsay Wade

*Discussion Meet Agenda*

3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Registration

4:15 p.m. Selected topic announced

4:30 p.m. Preliminary Rounds

5:30 p.m. Finals Round

6:15 p.m. Announcement of Winners

Students should be in official dress and have pencil or pen.

*Reminder CDE is only for 9th-12th FFA Members.*

*Discussion Meet Topics 2013*
1. Certainsectorsofagricultureare labor intensive and rely heavily on
immigrant workers. What is a fair and balanced immigration policy?

2. What can be done to encourage young farmers and ranchers to return home
to the farm if it means living in a rural area that does
not provide the same amenities (education, health care, technology) as a
metropolitan community?

3. HowcanFarmBureauplayarole to ensure the viability of quality
agricultural education programs within our schools?

4. HowshouldFarmBureauhelp prepare its members – both young and old – for
transferring operations to the next generation of farmers and ranchers?
What is Farm Bureau’s role in encouraging more transfers?

*Samples of Opening Statements:*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayrsj_MrFyI&feature=player_embedded#!

*Highlights & Closing Statements:*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pSnMDFntOE&feature=player_embedded

**Please see attached documents for cde rules and room set up. **

--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education