Registration for Discussion Meet is closed.
Please review the below list for accuracy of student names. These names will be printed on card tents for the competition. If there are any needed edits please let me know by Monday Jan 28th.

Area I Discussion Meet CDE will be held on February 4th at Etowah High school

Chapter Student's name
Chattooga Bode Brooks
Creekside High School Michael Wiggins
Etowah Alexis Noble
Gilmer High School Mason Cantrell
Gordon Central Kayla Holcomb
LaFayette High School Olivia Procosch
LFO Morgan Jackman
Mt Zion Amber Fraizer
Pepperell High Tyler Diggs
Ringgold High Hunter Fairchild
Rockmart High School Hunter Albea
Temple Audri Bearden

Area II CDE will be held on February 5th at Madison County High School

Chapter Student's name
Alcovy High School Robert Aiken
Banks Co. High Chris Crump
Greene County Ivy Smith
Habersham Central Chyanne Pope
Jackson County Carly Marchese
Jefferson Mario Bueno
Madison County High School Megan Boswell
North Oconee Casey Gilbert
Oglethorpe County High Andy Paul
Washington-Wilkes Alicia Barker
White County Lindsay Wade

Discussion Meet Agenda

3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Registration

4:15 p.m. Selected topic announced

4:30 p.m. Preliminary Rounds

5:30 p.m. Finals Round

6:15 p.m. Announcement of Winners

Students should be in official dress and have pencil or pen.

*Reminder CDE is only for 9th-12th FFA Members.*

Discussion Meet Topics 2013
1. Certainsectorsofagricultureare labor intensive and rely heavily on immigrant workers. What is a fair and balanced immigration policy?

2. What can be done to encourage young farmers and ranchers to return home to the farm if it means living in a rural area that does
not provide the same amenities (education, health care, technology) as a metropolitan community?

3. HowcanFarmBureauplayarole to ensure the viability of quality agricultural education programs within our schools?

4. HowshouldFarmBureauhelp prepare its members – both young and old – for transferring operations to the next generation of farmers and ranchers? What is Farm Bureau’s role in encouraging more transfers?

Samples of Opening Statements:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayrsj_MrFyI&feature=player_embedded#!

Highlights & Closing Statements:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pSnMDFntOE&feature=player_embedded

*Please see attached documents for cde rules and room set up. *

--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education