Chattooga
Jefferson
Madison Co
North Oconee
Ringgold High
Temple
Washington-Wilkes
White County

Area I Discussion Meet CDE will be held on February 4th at Etowah High school
Area II CDE will be held on February 5th at Madison County High School

Registration Deadline January 25th

To Register Click on : Discussion Meet

OR cut and paste into your browser:
https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHMwMW9nVEFSclFpNXNmS1BkVkh5cFE6MQ#gid=0

Discussion Meet Agenda

3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Registration

4:15 p.m. Selected topic announced

4:30 p.m. Preliminary Rounds

5:30 p.m. Finals Round

6:15 p.m. Announcement of Winners

Students should be in official dress and have pencil or pen.

*Reminder CDE is only for 9th-12th FFA Members.*

Discussion Meet Topics 2013
1. Certainsectorsofagricultureare labor intensive and rely heavily on immigrant workers. What is a fair and balanced immigration policy?

2. What can be done to encourage young farmers and ranchers to return home to the farm if it means living in a rural area that does
not provide the same amenities (education, health care, technology) as a metropolitan community?

3. HowcanFarmBureauplayarole to ensure the viability of quality agricultural education programs within our schools?

4. HowshouldFarmBureauhelp prepare its members – both young and old – for transferring operations to the next generation of farmers and ranchers? What is Farm Bureau’s role in encouraging more transfers?

Samples of Opening Statements:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayrsj_MrFyI&feature=player_embedded#!

Highlights & Closing Statements:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pSnMDFntOE&feature=player_embedded

*Please see attached documents for cde rules and room set up. *