Teachers --

We have 5 open slots for the South Region Farm to School Pilot Program worskhop scheduled for this Thursday, January 10th.  If you are interested in more information related to the Farm to School program including lesson planning, successful school gardens, harvest calendars, and implementing the F2S program in your community please contact me today to reserve your spot.  You are welcome to bring school administrators, school nutrition personnel, and CTAE directors if you wish.  Our meeting begins at 9 am in Tifton at the Tift County Ag Center/Canning Plant (behind Tift County High school) and will end around 4pm as we tour the Tift County Farm.  There will be hands on activities such as plant part salad demos and farm to table food chain activity as well as other freebies for you including seed packets, seed catalogs, and grant information.

Meeting: Thursday, January 10th
Location: Tift County Agriculture Facility, Tift County High School
Time: 9:00AM - 4:00PM

Agenda for the meeting:
9:00 - 9:30 - Registration, Welcome, Introduction
9:30 - 10:30 - Overview of Farm to School Program
10:30 - 11:30 - Garden Planning/ Seeds/ & Harvest Calendar with Activity
11:30 - 12:30 - Plant Part Salad Demo
12:30 - 1:00 - Working Lunch -- cost of lunch is not covered in workshop
1:00 - 1:30 - Curriculum Connections & Sample Lesson Plans
1:30 - 2:15 - Goal Setting and Wrap Up
2:30 - 3:30 - Field Trip tour to Tift County Farm

I have seen the positive things that have come out of the North Region Farm to School programs and know this will be wonderful opportunity for both you and your students as we have some of the best resources right here in South Georgia!!
Yvette

--
Yvette H. Crick
South Region Horticulture Area Teacher