To all new or beginning teachers in South Region,

I hope all of you are doing well and that the new year is off to a good start for you. As mentioned at our meeting this fall, our next Beginning Teacher Workshop will be held on Tuesday, January 22 in conjunction with the GVATA Mid-Winter Conference. This workshop is designed for anyone in his/her first three years of teaching agriculture education. The meeting will begin with lunch at the Georgia FFA Center at 12:00 followed by our workshop. We will finish in time for you to attend registration and all of the other GVATA functions. If you will not be able to attend for any reason, please let me know so that I can give the camp an accurate meal count.
We will be covering a lot of topics related to activities and requirements that will be happening during the second half of the year (proficiency applications, state degrees, SAE development, FFA membership, etc.). We also want to have time for you to share any concerns you are having as well as successes that you have experience. Please come prepared to share some of these experiences.

If you have not registered already, the workshop is posted on the CTAERN website under the course number CTAERN3528. If you have not familiarized yourself with the CTAERN site, please see your CTAE director for assistance.
Thanks for all you are doing to provide learning opportunities for your students through Agricultural Education. Have a great day!

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education