FYI.....A mistake was made when posting the revised guidelines for the Wood Fabrication CDE for the 2012-13 school year. When I submitted the revised guidelines to be posted to the online Award Bulletin, the Middle School guidelines for 2012-13 that I submited were inaccurate. Additionally, the previous guidines from 2011 for both divisions were never removed from the online Award Bulletin. Both errors have just come to my attention this week. The old guidelines have been removed from the online Award Bulletin and the revised Middle School guidelines have been posted.

The changes made to the Wood Fabricuation CDE for 2012-13 include a more developed scoring rubric and  a change stating that each chapter can only submit 1 woodworking project for Area judging per division (Senior & Middle School). Please be aware of that change as you begin to make your plans for the Wood Fabrication CDE in March and April. Middle School is grades 6-8, and Senior is grades 9-12.

I apologize for any confusion that my error may have caused. I assure you we are doing our best to provide fair and accurate informaiton to you at all times. If you have questions, please let me know. You will receive more information about the Area and State Wood Fabrication CDEs from the Ag Mechanics Area Teachers in your region (Sidney Bell, Kevin Jump and James Hunter).

Ben

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association