Registration<https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dERxX1dGbzZSVWF5aHUtT1ljRGtSRnc6MA#gid=0>for
the 2013 Georgia FFA Horse Judging Registration is now open.

*Horse Judging Schedule (tentative)*

8:00 a.m.  Registration for ALL events ~Pettigrew Farm and Community Life
Center (#45 on the FVSU map)****

8:30 a.m.  FVSU greetings ~ Pettigrew Farm and Community Life Center
(students/teachers in ALL events should attend)****

9:00 a.m.  Senior Team Activity & Test**

9:00 a.m. -  Junior Test

9:45 a.m. - Load buses to go to the Equine Center (located just beyond the
Dairy Goat Center, #13 on FVSU map).

10:00 a.m. - Judge 4 Classes (2 halter & 2 performance classes)

11:30 a.m. - Return to Pettigrew Center for Oral Reasons

*Contest Information*

Please check the State Award Bulletin for Junior & Senior Horse Evaluation
Rules.  The official test reference is:  Gillispie, James R.  *Modern
Livestock and Poultry Production*.  8th Edition.  Albany, NY:  Delmar
Publishers, Inc. 2006. and Parker, Rick. *Equine Science. *2nd Edition.
Thompson Learning (Delmar).  There are additional suggested resources
listed in the rules as well as my portal page for help in training your
team.  I am attaching a copy of the scan tron we will use at the State
Contest.  Please print copies, so your students will be familiar with the
scan tron.

*Students* are encouraged to wear official dress with black jeans or dress
pants and boots to the CDE.  All students will need a clipboard, extra
clean paper (for reasons), #2 pencils and a *warm jacket (we will be
judging outside in a covered arena)*.  We discourage female FFA members
from wearing skirts and heels, as we will be judging on dirt.

*FVSU Campus*

**Please use this link to the FVSU map to locate the facilities listed
below. Link to map of FVSU campus -http://past.fvsu.edu/campusmap   **

Please call myself, Ricky Wheeler or Tommy Waldrop with questions regarding
the Contest.

*Registration Link:*
https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dERxX1dGbzZSVWF5aHUtT1ljRGtSRnc6MA#gid=0

--