Registration for the 2013 Georgia FFA Horse Judging Registration is now open.

Horse Judging Schedule (tentative)

8:00 a.m. – Registration for ALL events ~Pettigrew Farm and Community Life Center (#45 on the FVSU map)

8:30 a.m. – FVSU greetings ~ Pettigrew Farm and Community Life Center  (students/teachers in ALL events should attend)

9:00 a.m. – Senior Team Activity & Test

9:00 a.m. -  Junior Test

9:45 a.m. - Load buses to go to the Equine Center (located just beyond the Dairy Goat Center, #13 on FVSU map).

10:00 a.m. - Judge 4 Classes (2 halter & 2 performance classes)

11:30 a.m. - Return to Pettigrew Center for Oral Reasons

Contest Information

Please check the State Award Bulletin for Junior & Senior Horse Evaluation Rules.  The official test reference is:  Gillispie, James R.  Modern Livestock and Poultry Production.  8th Edition.  Albany, NY:  Delmar Publishers, Inc. 2006. and Parker, Rick. Equine Science. 2nd Edition. Thompson Learning (Delmar).  There are additional suggested resources listed in the rules as well as my portal page for help in training your team.  I am attaching a copy of the scan tron we will use at the State Contest.  Please print copies, so your students will be familiar with the scan tron.

Students are encouraged to wear official dress with black jeans or dress pants and boots to the CDE.  All students will need a clipboard, extra clean paper (for reasons), #2 pencils and a warm jacket (we will be judging outside in a covered arena).  We discourage female FFA members from wearing skirts and heels, as we will be judging on dirt.

FVSU Campus

Please use this link to the FVSU map to locate the facilities listed below. Link to map of FVSU campus -http://past.fvsu.edu/campusmap

Please call myself, Ricky Wheeler or Tommy Waldrop with questions regarding the Contest.

Registration Link:  https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dERxX1dGbzZSVWF5aHUtT1ljRGtSRnc6MA#gid=0

--

Christa Steinkamp
204 Four Towers Building, UGA