At Mid-Winter conference, I shared with you that a common, Georgia AgEd/FFA record book is now ready to be shared. Below is a link to the Georgia FFA website where you can download a copy of the excel based SAE record book (Georgia FFA website on the "Applications" page). Look in the middle of the page for the SAE Award applications section. A copy of the excel based Record Book is also attached to this message. I encourage you to begin having students using the book this Spring.

http://www.georgiaffa.org/index.php?page=applications

If you did not attend the breakout session at Mid-Winter that discussed using the record book, feel free to give me a call if you have questions. There will be additional training at GVATA Summer Conference in July, so that more people have chance to experience the training before the new school year starts.

A few items to remember about this SAE record book...
-You must "Enable Macros" in order to use the book once you open it
-This book will NOT replace the current Middle School Record Book for middle school students
-This book is designed to operate on a calendar year (Jan 1 - Dec 31)
-This book can be kept electronically as an Excel file, or printed and used as a hard copy
-For chapters who have developed programs in the AET system, it is NOT mandatory that you use this SAE book. You can maintain your agreement with AET if you prefer.

I realize that we are in the middle of the school year, but since the calendar year 2013, just began, this would be a great time to get a set of students started on this record book. If you are not currently using any formal record keeping system, I recommend that you give this a try this Spring.

If you have questions, please feel free to give me a call.
Ben

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association