The Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center is now hiring for 2013 Summer Staff.
Please refer your excellent FFA or FCCLA students who are now in college to work this summer!

Summer Staff is an intensive leadership development program. Every summer the Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center accepts college students to intern as Summer Staff.

We are looking for college students who…

  • Have completed at least one year of college (when the summer begins)
  • Enjoy working with youth and want to see lives changed
  • Have an outstanding work ethic (in other words, works hard!)
  • Exhibit high moral character and is a positive role model for campers
  • Thrive in a team atmosphere
  • Have the maturity to handle the responsibility and stress of camp life
  • Have a positive and upbeat attitude
  • Want to grow and be stretched

 The primary job of the staff is to serve the campers and to set an example for them in every way. The goals of the staff program are:

  • To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for campers
  • To provide positive role models for campers
  • To provide an intensive program for the Summer Staff to grow and develop critical skills for success.

 Dates for 2013:

  • May 5-10: Staff Training
  • May 12-17: Staff Orientation
  • May 20: Summer Camps Begin
  • July 19: Camp Programs End (some staff will work beyond this date servicing rental groups)

To apply:

  • To apply, submit the Staff Application along with a resume and the other information that is requested on the Application.
  • We recommend that you apply in January or February so that we can schedule your interview before March 18th.  The first round of hiring decisions will be made on March 18th. For the first round of hiring, we will hire former FFA and FCCLA campers, as well as former staff members. After March 18th we will begin selecting from other applicants to fill the rest of the available positions.
Application and Details available at georgiaffacamp.org/SummerStaff.htm

Russel Towns
Camp Manager

Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center