As you have probably heard, a tornado went through northwest Georgia this week, and did a tremendous amount of damage in Gordon and Bartow counties. Below is a message from Mrs. Trish Williams, the Young Farmer advisor in Gordon County. If you have the resources, please do what you can to help.     - Ben

Thank you to everyone who has called or checked on everyone here in Gordon and Bartow counties. We have many areas of devastation more than what the news is showing. Many homes are damaged or destroyed. The major need for the community are new blankets. If at all possible please ask your FFA chapters and alumni chapters if they would donate new blankets or if they would sponsor a Georgia FFA blanket that could be donated to a family. If you are in Perry this weekend you could give donations to Melissa Hubbard and if you will be in Pickens at their show you could give donations to Kip Williams or any other Gordon County student. All donations are greatly appreciated by these families. How cool would it be for each family to receive a Georgia FFA Blanket - every time they use it they would think of the FFA.  If you would like to mail blankets - please send to 258 Red Bone Ridge Road, Ranger GA 30734 or if you are in North Georgia we can come and pick them up.

Thanks again for your support and kindness - we are so lucky that all children and families were safe.

Thanks,

Trish Williams

Gordon County Young Farmers

Ben Lastly